I see most of my clients for in-person, private sessions in Orange County, CA, or via Skype. I offer group workshops on a limited basis. Please contact me directly to set up a private session at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Birth Story Medicine® is an intimate workshop for women whose births brought unexpected and/or unwished-for events that have cast a shadow over the memory of their birth – or even the conception or arrival of a next baby. This safe, non-judgmental gathering helps moms to look at their birth through a new, more compassionate lens. It’s a way for moms to feel heard, validated and supported while guided through introspective exercises that will help them to move forward in their healing and to walk away feeling lighter and more themselves.
You may find solace in this workshop if you are:
– Feeling shame, anger, grief, blame or sadness when you think about your birth.
– Trying not to think about what happened and avoiding the topic in conversation.
– Feeling resentment when you hear positive birth stories.
– Mentally going through your birth story, looking for where you went “wrong” and beating yourself up for what you should’ve done differently.
– Wondering where you fit in with your community and other like-minded mamas.
– Unsure of how to make sense of what you’re feeling.
– Feeling like you should be able to move forward, but can’t.
– Determined to prevent it from happening again.
Your baby’s birth is also your birth as a mother and when your entrance into this new world of motherhood does not happen how you envisioned it would, it can leave you with a mix of conflicting emotions that seep into the nooks and crannies of your life. This workshop offers you a much-deserved sacred space and sisterhood in which to breathe some new life into your story and emerge as a birth warrior.
New mothers and not-so-new mothers are both welcome. This is a workshop for moms without their babies, so they may focus solely on nurturing themselves.
I also offer private, one-on-one Birth Story Medicine sessions.
Not local to me? I also frequently do Skype sessions and would love to connect with you.
Please contact me at email@example.com to schedule a private session.
I am a certified Birthing From Within Childbirth Mentor and one of my focuses is providing a sacred and supportive space for women to feel open and heard. I trained personally with Pam England in this Birth Story Medicine work and it is astounding to me how much shifting can be done in a short amount of time. Seeing moms walk away feeling lighter and less judgmental of themselves is such a gift for them and for me. Afterwards, women have said…
– “I can’t thank you enough for today. You helped me look at things in a different way and I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.”
– “I woke up feeling lighter. Your listening made it possible for me to feel heard.”
– “You really helped me relieve that huge weight I’d been carrying around.”
– “I feel so much more like myself again.”
– “I feel a million times better and I wanted to thank you for giving me the opportunity to delve into everything and get it sorted out in my head and heart.”
– “I am so thankful for you and your gift of perspective! I have felt so much lighter and so free since meeting with you.”
– “I just read an article about childbirth and thought of you. Mainly because you magically made me believe in myself again, erased all of my “would have, should have, could have” thoughts, and helped me become mentally ready for my second child’s birth. Thank you!”